Join today to access VALA2018 at member rates.
VALA Membership gives you access to regular VALA events and keeps you in touch with people interested in the direction in which information technology is taking libraries. Come along, and pick up hints on how to direct the technology rather than be directed by it.
Membership rates from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018:
- Personal Membership – offers greater opportunities to non-Melbourne- based members via webinars and online product delivery.
- $121 for Victorian personal membership (including GST)
- $99 for interstate and international personal membership (including GST)
- Free Student Membership - the introduction of Student Membership reflects VALA’s support for new and aspiring professionals within our industry, encourages their attendance at VALA events and provides early access to VALA conference proceedings. Effective 1st July 2016 Student Membership is now available to both current full-time and part-time Library Students.
- In Australia, student membership is available to all students enrolled in ALIA accredited library courses as listed on the ALIA website.
- In New Zealand, students who are currently studying the Master of Information Studies at Victoria University of Wellington or the Bachelor of Arts (Information & Library Services) at Open Polytechnic (the LIS qualifications that fulfil eligibility requirements for LIANZA professional registration) are also eligible for VALA student membership.
- Institutional Membership – removes the administrative nuisance of multiple- memberships and introduces unrestricted access to VALA conferences at member rates. In addition, VALA will also introduce flexibility in conference registrations to allow multiple day and half day session packages – no more shared registrations, institutions will purchase and attend those sessions most relevant to their staff.
- Level 1 – 2 members - $275 (including GST)
- Level 2 – 3 to 5 members - $550 (including GST)
- Level 3 – 6 to 9 members - $825 (including GST)
- Level 4 – 10+ members - $1100 (including GST)
Your membership will be current from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
Membership must be renewed annually to qualify for the Conference discount.
Effective from 1st April 2015 there were some Key Changes:
Why the change?
VALA’s membership base has changed and diversified as has the program and the opportunities that VALA delivers. Future changes (such as new conference registration types, extended use of the conference app, PD badging) will have much greater value and application in the new model. The shared registration model for conference will not be supported in the future, and a better process for institutional and individual engagement with VALA conferences is critical for VALA’s growth and optimizing delegates’ experience at conference.
For more information about VALA look at VALA's Aims and read our Annual Report on all our activities.