VALA End-of-Year Event
Lightning Talks - share your innovation story
Join Victoria’s community of Library IT Professionals for an evening of brief “Lightning Talks” to stimulate discussion, reflection and celebration of innovative Library IT practices.
Lightning Talks are 5-minute presentations that offer insights into a single topic. This format allows you to participate, canvas ideas and share knowledge with colleagues from a diverse cross section of Library and Information Services. Topics should have a focus on IT and innovation and might include:
- Web or mobile technologies
- IT in spaces and the design process
- Social technology
- Learnings from projects that didn’t work out
- You tell us!
The VALA committee invites all good talkers to share their example of innovation (whether successful or not).
How do I participate?
- Share stories of innovation at your organisation via a “punchy” 5 minute talk that will convey the example to an audience of Library IT Professionals.
- Prepare Slides/PowerPoint etc. if you like - these can be brought along on the night (USB please).
- Just put your hand up on the night:- impromptu talks are also welcome.
Follow the links below and register to attend - registration is free.
Not a VALA member?
Visitors are welcome at VALA meetings - but registration is essential!
Seminar Room 1, Swanston Library
Entrance is via Building 8, Level 5, 360 Swanston Street - Ask for directions at the reference desk
(Public transport via train or tram)
DATE & TIME
Thursday 28 November 2013, 5:30 for 6:00-7:30pm
Complimentary 'End-of-Year' drinks and nibbles on arrival.