The VALA2012 16th Biennial Conference and Exhibition is the Australian forum where the use of technology in libraries and cultural institutions is discussed and will feature invited international and Australian keynote speakers, plenary and concurrent sessions and an exhibition featuring the latest products from leading suppliers.
The theme for this conference is eM-powering eFutures. VALA2012 will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia, from 6 - 9 February 2012. Please review the sponsorship and exhibition proposal in line with your marketing strategies at the earliest opportunity. Act quickly to guarantee your involvement and maximise your marketing investment pre-conference.
In recent times, VALA has enjoyed strong growth in attendance, attracting an increasing number of delegates from overseas, with 16% of delegates in 2010 coming from outside Australia, along with strong representation from all Australian states and territories. Notwithstanding the global financial crisis, VALA2010 attracted a record attendance of well over 1,500 participants, including shared registrations and visitors to the exhibition. The graph shows the growth in conference registrations from 2002 to 2010.
Of the VALA2010 delegates, 48% were from the higher education sector, 27% from public, state and national libraries, 18% from special libraries working in the areas of health, law, and business and government services, and 7% from other areas, including galleries, archives and museums.
Why you should be at VALA2012
VALA2012 will provide a unique educational environment dedicated to the exchange of best practice, innovation and research. Aligning your organisation with the Conference will provide the opportunity to consolidate relationships and provide exposure to key target markets.
- Create an increased awareness and positioning of your brand as a leading supplier within the the galleries, libraries, archives and museums sectors, both nationally and internationally
- Present and showcase innovative new products and services
- Promote your products and services in a face-to-face environment to more than 1,500 potential customers at VALA2012, thereby furthering your sales and marketing objectives
- Create and strengthen new and existing relationships with key decision-makers at a variety of networking opportunities at VALA2012
- Secure ongoing value associated with building brand awareness
- Increase your awareness and educate your workforce through first-hand market knowledge of developments in the galleries, libraries, archives and museums sectors
Organisations within the following sectors should consider alignment with the event:
- Information and database systems
- E-learning and educational resources
- Ebook reader suppliers
- Ebook content management and supply
- Hardware and software providers
- Software developers
- CMS providers
- Network security systems
- RFID providers
- ILMS suppliers
- Information service providers
- Booksellers and publishers, including desktop publishing
- Ticketing and booking systems
- Document management systems
To help your company build relationships with present and potential customers, the programme provides many different opportunities for sponsorship participation. Individual sponsorship packages can be tailored to suit your budget and your marketing objectives.
Check out the Sponsorship Opportunities available .
Design your own stand, select a Shell scheme upgrade package or take a standard package - the choice is yours.
Check out the Exhibition Opportunities .