VALA End-of-Year General Meeting
Lightning Talks - share your innovation story
Join Victoria’s community of Library IT Professionals for an evening of brief “lightning talks” to showcase local ideas or practices with a focus on IT innovation.
Lightning talks are simple 5-minute presentations that offer insights into a single topic. This format offers an excellent opportunity for you to participate and share knowledge with colleagues from a diverse cross section of Library and Information Services. Possible topics might include:
- Customised software or hardware solutions
- Web or mobile technologies
- IT in spaces and the design process
- Social technology
- Learnings from projects that didn’t work out
- You tell us!
The VALA committee is encouraging anyone who can talk to an example of innovation (whether successful or not) at their organisation to come to this dynamic and inspirational event.
How do I participate?
- Reflect on one or two examples of innovation at your organisation and prepare a simple, “punchy” 5 minute talk that will convey the example to an audience of Library IT Professionals.
- Slides/PowerPoint etc. are optional but if used can be brought along on the night.
- There will be provision in the programme for a certain number of impromptu talks.
Not a VALA member?
Visitors are welcome at VALA meetings - just come!
Express your interest in attending - registration is free.
Dulcie Hollyock Room (formerly known as Tutorial Room)
Ground Floor, Baillieu Library,
University of Melbourne, Melways Map X871 I6.
(Public transport via train or tram.
On-street parking in surrounding area - have gold coins available.)
DATE & TIME
Wednesday 28 November 2012
Christmas drinks and nibbles from 5:30 pm.